- She’s up for three hours in the middle of the night. Not sick, not scared, not coherent enough to know what it is.
- Cold brew season is upon us!
- Do what you know to do.
- Against my better judgment, I dash outside after her and ask if we’re okay. My brain knows everything’s fine, but my soul has been troubled for weeks. She reassures me. We’re in the same boat, and the shore isn’t in sight for either of us.
- Walking the in-between.
- Three dinner dates this week. Hrm.
- The frustration of the broken night bleeds into my parenting all day. I try not to attribute undesirable behavior to motives likely too deep for her, but I feel like I’m being manipulated by a master.
- “Sometimes you eat the bear; sometimes the bear eats you.”
- Wanting isn’t a good enough reason to get.
- The false sense of freedom that comes with the new week’s calendar page.
Of doing the thing, provision were least expected, and wisdom even The Dude isn’t sure about.