- Three down. Sixty-seven to go.
- Dressed, breakfasted, and out the door in record time. I even get props for efficiency. I’m weirdly proud of myself.
- She picks me up, and I have a brief but intense moment of panic before I get in the car. After two-plus years of weekly visits, the last six months have been so quiet.
- There needs to be a bedside manner rehab for dentists.
- I walk the aisles differently now. Eyes sharp for yellow and red indicators, extrapolating shelf life, parsing weights and volumes–a cheerful prepper storing up supplies for the quiet chaos to come.
- There’s nothing like listening to someone talk about what sets them on fire. I’m lost in her sea of words and passion and let myself get swept away.
- I managed to swing way under today and make up the difference with a small bucketful of Oreo Os. No regrets.
- 130, 129, 485, 90, 765. A blur of numbers and possibilities branching off into infinity.
- I’m exhausted from people-ing and it’s way past my bedtime, but it was worth it to hear the approval in his voice. I hold it up against my heart and am surprised at its weight.
- Shalom. Against all odds, shalom.
Of quick exits, looking at groceries differently, and the peace that surpasses all understanding.