- The alarm wakes me at 5:30. I debate sleeping in until 7 to store up rest for the long day and night ahead. But the secret place calls, with its solitary, regular time, and I roll out of bed to meet it.
- Of course she’s up an hour early.
- I choose four essays. None of them are even close to the fields these companies handle, but they’re damn good, and I’m praying the person reading them can tell I am too.
- Nothing orange should ever leak out of your nose.
- I hold her hand while the dentist checks her teeth, but she doesn’t need me to. I have an out-of-body experience admiring my baby growing up while also being desperately sad about it at the same time.
- The afternoon is filled with catching up. I’ve so missed the luxury of long, uninterrupted conversation that weaves souls together.
- Crash, burn, recover, repeat.
- Does anyone have any steam?
- We sit around the table once a month and pretend. The sound of dice, the competitive jokes, the unraveling of the mystery. I never want to lose the love of the game.
- Give us peace.
Of worthiness, baby teeth, running out of steam, and D&D.
One thought on “Noticing.TwentyOne”
“the secret place calls, with its solitary, regular time, and I roll out of bed to meet it.” -Yes. I am here this morning <3