- She sleeps late (or rather, until the time she used to get up before the time change). I relish the extra hour.
- He comes to show me what he’s done, looking sheepish and 10 years younger. I can’t hide my joy at seeing his real face and cover it with kisses, thoroughly enjoying not getting mustache hair up my nose.
- Unofficial last day.
- It’s the sore ear that makes me call the doctor. I feel guilty for not calling two weeks ago when the rash started, but I was certain it was a viral reaction. (I was right.) Antibiotics for the ear. Time for the rash.
- So. Much. Trouble.
- Four phone calls I’ve been avoiding and five important texts inside 30 minutes. Adulting at the speed of thumbs.
- Gold star.
- Cuban rum. Lemon. Coke Zero.
- The only way to break out of a rut is to push through the suck as you roll back and forth, gathering momentum, until you can breach the sides out onto level ground where you can run.
- But I’m still hungry.
Of clean shaves, all-day trouble, and yet another day attempting to get back on the wagon.