- I snap awake in thin light after four hours of sleep, and there’s no going back. Welcome to the 5am club, sucker.
- A strange bird skitters along the ground, never taking flight.
- It takes eight handwritten pages and a thousand words that have no synthesis to name what I’m feeling.
- I’m irritated that I’m irritated about using the first hours of my day for a leisurely breakfast with my family at a friend’s cafe instead of crushing my to-do list and adjusting to working for myself again. What is wrong with me.
- She doesn’t outright say it was stupid of me to run this morning, but it was. I’m hurt. There are gentler ways to give my body what it craves.
- I work in a different sort of library today. The silence is lovely; the solitude, more so.
- How can I be busy all day and not have accomplished anything I meant to?
- A long-overdue house dinner.
- She rolls in her bed, chatting to herself, going on for a second hour after bedtime. It’s both adorable and infuriating. Naps are definitely over.
- Early to bed, early to rise makes a girl do all the self-care she needs in order to not go completely batshit.
Of accidentally joining the 5am club, being largely disappointed with myself all day, and sweet sleep.