- The 5am club does not meet on Sunday. At least not this Sunday. 5.5 hours was already not enough sleep.
- The meantime is what happens between the seed and the harvest.
- “Tell it again. This time, for them.”
- It’s often the things we accept as normal that do us the most damage.
- The price you pay for not being a Martha is a mountain of dishes the next day.
- I give in to the hunger. I smother my defeat in refined sugar and carbohydrates. I write off the day but am determined to take the whole thing to Him in the morning. Something is out of order.
- There should be a Parentlympics. Pretty sure we could medal in Tag-Team Napping.
- It’s just pizza. It’s just money.
- She’s embarrassed, but I’m relieved. Exhaustion stole all my cleverness, making me useless to the group, and I couldn’t muster the courage to excuse myself. Grateful.
Of being God’s masterpiece, facing the consequences of dinner parties, and a less-late bedtime.