- Stirring before the alarm, 5am, deep in the duvet, I roll over and over, too cozy to get out, too busy to stay.
- Letting go of the need to know.
- Time stops when I see the number. Is this what I get for bragging that it’s His math that keeps us afloat? Did I ruin it by saying it aloud? I squeeze my eyes shut against tears and panic. No. That’s not how it works. I lean in and choose what my eyes can’t see over what they can.
- It’s a 2-minute conversation instead of a 2-day freeze out. The difference is we both feel safe.
- We try to predict how long the strike will last, each of us with varying opinions about unions, but we unanimously agree that the job deserves more respect, more support, more pay.
- There it is again.
- Black Forest cake and Scripture and art outside my comfort zone.
- It is too early for egg nog, Walmart.
- The more I step into living my core values, the more they’re challenged.
- You’d think I’d stop eating so much leftover frosting that it makes me sick every single time I bake a cake. You’d be wrong.
Of impossible accounting, the teacher strike, and why is there egg nog at the store.