- My hip tweaks so badly and suddenly I cry out from the corner elliptical. I cover my mouth, embarrassed and thankful that the 6:30am crowd is too sleepy to notice. That MRI needs to be soon.
- Its that time of year when I can’t dress myself. Cool mornings, hot afternoons; frigid AC, steamy cars. I remind myself to be grateful for the sun—it will be cold soon enough.
- At some point you have to engage with the process, when you have to grow instead of being grown. The passive has to become active.
- Incisive. Insightful. Innovative.
- I am. You are.
- Role reversal over vegan baked goods.
- He never asked for help or rescue, only for comfort in his torment.
- We read long stories in my bed after she’s sung to herself for an hour in hers instead of napping. I note the dark circles under her eyes and wonder how many of these days, these snuggle-in-the-afternoon-sun-with-my-curly-haired-baby days, are left to us.
- The first meeting of the second wave.
- Finding out she loves Murakami makes me wonder why I don’t. What am I missing in these meandering stories that manage to be overwrought in simple words?
Of a damn fine fake cheese sandwich, counting down baby snuggles, and what the heck with this Murakami.