- I lie in bed reading while he showers instead of leaping up to do busywork. I decide I don’t like the book but thoroughly enjoy the slowness of the start.
- Does everyone feel like this all the time? How do they stand it?
- We sit in the hushed sanctuary talking about life. I give her a longer hug than usual; she gives me a kiss on the cheek. We make a coffee date. The “hi”s in the hallway aren’t cutting it.
- Parchment paper from here on out.
- Back to no naps next week. No Nap McGee must be stopped.
- Watching her pick up a water pistol stirs weird emotions.
- I hold her hand for a while, unsure of what to say, sensing a need but not wanting to pry, hoping the love I’m pressing through my fingertips makes it to her.
- Dry-eyed and joyful.
- I’m annoyed at my food paranoia that keeps me from eating the pot roast I made for dinner but didn’t get to eat four hours ago that got left on the counter. I eat salami and yogurt instead.
- If I hurry, I can still get 7 hours.
Of a slow morning, friendly displays of affection, and dinner deferred.