- Up with the alarm. I may not be the president of the 5am Club anymore, but I’m at least the treasurer.
- I’m grateful there are so few people at the gym. Less witnesses to the tears dropping onto the borrowed mat as I stretch scarred muscles. Was it the house cleaning? Too much sodium? Nothing at all?
- Outside insider.
- We get real over eggs and coffee. My heart aches over the situation, but there is so much beauty in the struggle—wisdom born of faith.
- The most meaningful unit of time is the moment.
- The dollar store has exploded with two aisles of Christmas decor; the fall equinox is on Monday. I buy marshmallow Halloween candy in (delicious) protest.
- In between. Always in between.
- We talk like it hasn’t been three years. I miss her laugh almost as much her practical compassion.
- I sat in pee.
- It’s not what we planned but so much more. The power of the table.
Of crying at the gym, the meaning of a moment, and watching where you sit.